The Grain Quality and Processing Technology Innovation research program aims to assist Australian export grains to capture emerging market opportunities and maintain market share in traditional markets. Central to this is accelerating the quality and functionality attributes of Australia’s medium-protein wheats and developing new processing technologies.
Increasing demand for Australian malting barley varieties is also a focus.
Core activities include:
- National leadership in the identification and coordination of export grain research and development priorities.
- Accelerated improvement of Australian grain’s quality and functionality attributes.
- Development of innovative processing technologies and methods.
- Assistance in achieving the increased use of Australian wheats in high value export markets.
- Research and development innovation to grow demand for Australia’s malting barley varieties.
- State-of-the-art grain quality testing services.
Some of our current projects include:
- Mixolab and Auto Solvent Retention Capacity (SRC) testing (baking and noodle making quality)
- Ramen noodle quality
- Australian Wheat for Asian Baking
- Pilot Malting Australia
AEGIC also offers fee-for-service grain quality testing.